Overwatch Patch Notes – March 2, 2017
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn about the latest changes.
To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.
Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.
New Hero: Orisa (Tank)
Built from the scraps of the city’s decommissioned OR15 defense bots, Orisa is still learning how to optimally perform her function. What she lacks in experience, she makes up for in her steadfast dedication to keeping her city—and her creator, Efi—safe from harm.
Orisa is the sixth tank to join the Overwatch lineup, and much like her programming, her gameplay is engineered around protection. Her main weapon is a rapid-fire Fusion Driver, an automatic gun with good range and accuracy even at a distance—though it comes at a cost. Orisa’s movement slows down while she fires and players will need to plan for a lengthy reload time. Her alternate fire, Halt!, launches a graviton charge across the map, slowing nearby enemies as it passes, then pulling them toward it when it detonates.
Her Fortify ability boosts her personal defense, reducing damage taken and making her unstoppable for a short time. She can throw a device that creates a curved, stationary Protective Barrier, perfect for intercepting projectiles and shielding teammates from the front, sides, and above. Lastly, as her ultimate ability, Orisa deploys a high-powered Supercharger that beams a buff to allies within its range, increasing the damage they can inflict on the opposing team
To learn more about Orisa, click here.
- Players can now disable or modify abilities activated with the secondary fire button
- Bastion now takes 20% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank (formerly 35%)
- Caduceus Staff
- The amount of increased damage that’s done when boosting another player is now tracked under the match statistics and on the Career Profile page
- Particle Barrier
- No longer protects Zarya from knockback
- Projected Barrier
- No longer protects allies from knockback
- When Teleporters, Shield Generators, and other player-owned objects are destroyed, the kill feed now properly displays the owner’s name
- Fixed a bug preventing Bastion and Torbjörn from taking a defensive position when turret abilities were disabled
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain settings to appear on the Custom Game’s information screen even though they were not being used
- Fixed an issue preventing values from the “Ultimate Generation” setting from being correctly displayed
- Heroes and maps are now sorted alphabetically under the “Find Game” filters in the Game Browser
- Fixed a bug preventing Bastion’s Self-Repair ability from being disabled in the Custom Game settings
- Fixed an issue preventing Bastion’s walking animation from being triggered while Self-Repair was in use
- McCree no longer receives credit toward his On Fire meter when his Flashbang is used against Mei’s Ice Wall
- Fixed an issue causing Zenyatta’s feet to clip through his robe with the Sanzang skin equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Reaper's shotguns and D.Va's mech to appear unusually large on the main menu
- Training bots that are destroyed in the Practice Range are now displayed in the kill feed
- Fixed a bug allowing more than one player to enter the Practice Range