This Hearthstone Update charges the nether coils as we get ready to pull the big, shiny lever that unleashes Hearthstone’s newest Expansion: The Boomsday Project, on August 7! This is also your chance to participate in cutting-edge research: drop by a special Fireside Gathering for a Prerelease Event where you can open The Boomsday Project packs and play with your new cards before the official release! This update also brings Arena updates, game mechanics updates, and a few card changes, as well as some bug fixes and feature improvements.
Read on for details.
The Boomsday Project
The Boomsday Project is an electrifying expansion for Hearthstone featuring 135 all-new cards, starting August 7!
Harness the power of SCIENCE, including:
- New Legendary Spells for all nine Classes!
- New keyword: Magnetic! Combine Mechs into more powerful forms!
- Omega cards that are ULTRA powerful when played at 10 Mana!
- The Boomsday Project's free single player content, the Puzzle Lab, opens on August 21!
For a limited time after The Boomsday Project starts on August 7, log in to claim 3 card packs and a random Class Legendary minion (or Hero card)—both from the new expansion—for free!
Get 3 more The Boomsday Project card packs FREE when you log in after The Puzzle Lab launches starting August 21.
The Boomsday Project Pre-Release Event!
Attend a Fireside Gathering Pre-Release to open your packs from “The Boomsday Project”—and play with your new cards in a special Fireside Brawl—BEFORE the official launch of the Expansion! Learn more here!
Arena Updates – Be sure to read the Developer Insights blog for details.
- Offering bonus for Class cards reduced.
- Offering bonus for spells and weapons reduced.
- Rarity distribution adjusted.
- Many cards promoted or demoted by 1 bucket based on their pick rates.
- This will result in Arena drafts having more neutral and common cards.
Game Mechanics Updates – Be sure to read the Developer Insights blog for details.
Cards that create copies of other cards that are then added to different game zones have been made more consistent.
Whenever a card transforms it loses its enchantments.
Card Changes – Be sure to read the 12.0 Game Mechanics Updates blog for details.
- Shadowboxer now reads: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
- Shadowboxer can be disenchanted for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
- The following Minions have changed Type:
- Ghostly Charger – No longer has the Beast Type.
- Ixlid, Fungal Lord – No longer has the Elemental Type.
- Living Mana now reads: Transform your Mana Crystals into 2/2 Treants. Recover the mana when they die.
Days of the Frozen Throne
A chilly new celebration is coming!
For a full list bug fixes and gameplay improvements, visit www.PlayHearthstone.com for details!