We’re on the cusp of the new Hearthstone Year! This Hearthstone update puts the final touches in place for the Year of the Raven and the launch of Hearthstone’s latest expansion, The Witchwood! We’re also adding Lunara, the new Druid Hero, Daily Quest improvements, Friendly Challenge deck sharing, Arena updates, and new card backs. We’re also fixing some bugs.
Read on to learn more!
Brave The Witchwood on April 12!
Join the best monster hunters of Gilneas as they seek out the source of a dreadful curse in a haunted forest! The evil in the woods will soon learn that it’s bitten off more than it can chew, because the people of Gilneas bite back!
The Witchwood features:
- 135 hair-raising new cards
- For a limited time after The Witchwood arrives, log in to claim three card packs and a random class Legendary card—both from new expansion—for free!
- New keywords: Rush and Echo
- Even and Odd decks – Build a deck with Genn Greymane or Baku the Mooneater to boost your Hero Power, but you’ll only be able to use even- or odd-cost cards!
- The Witchwood’s challenging, free single-player mode, Monster Hunt, opens in two weeks!
- Time is short! The Witchwood pre-purchase bundle will remain available until 11:59 p.m. PDT on April 11. This bundle includes 50 card packs at a special price, as well as 20 more bonus card packs and the In a Dark Wood card back!
Year of the Raven
- The Year of the Raven begins when The Witchwood launches!
- When the new year arrives, Standard decks can be created with the following sets:
- Journey to Un’Goro
- Knights of the Frozen Throne
- Kobolds & Catacombs
- The Witchwood
- The following sets will become exclusive to Wild:
- Whispers of the Old Gods
- One Night in Karazhan
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
- The following cards will go to Hall of Fame and will become exclusive to Wild:
- Coldlight Oracle
- Molten Giant – Molten Giant is being reduced to its original mana cost of 20. This change happens now, and Molten Giant will move to the Hall of Fame after the release of The Witchwood.
- Once the Year of the Raven begins, you will receive the full Arcane Dust value of these cards without needing to disenchant them (up the maximum number that can be used in a deck).
New Druid Hero: Lunara
Daily Quest Updates
Friendly Challenge Deck Sharing
- Now you can share your decks with friends during a Friendly Challenge!
- This feature isn’t available for Tavern Brawl or Fireside Brawl.
Noblegarden is Coming
- We’ve begun preparing the Tavern for an egg-cellent event coming in Spring.
Added the following card backs:
- Raise the Roof – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, April 2018
- Monster Hunter – Acquired from completing the Monster Hunt with all four heroes and defeating the evil in The Witchwood.
- Lunara’s Garden – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, May 2018
- Moderately reduced the appearance rates of below average cards.
- Humongous Razorleaf and Ancient Watcher will no longer appear in Arena drafts.
For a full list bug fixes and gameplay improvements, visit www.PlayHearthstone.com for details!