Hearthstone Update – October 17 – Happy Hallow’s End
In this Hearthstone update we’re preparing the tavern for the Headless Horseman’s Hallow’s End party! We’ve also made some small but important changes to Hearthstone’s mechanics, added a new Hearthstone hero you can acquire via Fireside Gatherings, and fixed some bugs.
Read on for more information!
- HA! HA! HAPPY HALLOW’S END! It’s the Headless Horseman’s favorite time of year, and he’s brought lots of tricks and treats to the tavern! From October 24 through November 6 enjoy a treat for logging in each week, a tricky new Tavern Brawl, and dual class Arenas*! Visit playhearthstone.com for details.
- Added the following card backs:
- Unholy – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, October 2017
- Gone Fishing – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, November 2017
- Fireside Gatherings
- New Warlock Hero: Nemsy Necrofizzle – Acquired from attending a Fireside Gathering Tavern and playing a Fireside Brawl. Find a Fireside Gathering near you at firesidegatherings.com.
- Fireside Gatherings now have their own game menu!
Gameplay & Updates
- Hearthstone Mechanics Update – We've changed some underlying rules to prevent Wild Pyromancer from triggering off of Mindgames, and Djinni of Zephyrs from triggering off Entomb. Please check out the Upcoming Mechanics Update blog for details!
- Several Friends List options have been bundled into a sub-menu.
- Spells that are canceled by Counterspell will now trigger any “Whenever you cast a spell” and “After you cast a spell” effects.
- Lord Jaraxxus no longer triggers Repentance, Sacred Trial, and Snipe.
- Unlicensed Apothecary now reads: “After you summon a minion, deal 5 damage to your hero.” It will no longer activate from any Evolve effects.
- It is no longer possible to cancel Choose One cards before the choices appear, this should resolve issues where the Choose One effect could be canceled too easily.
- Hearthstone’s engine has been updated to Unity version 5.6.
- Animations for Mimic Pod, Chromaggus, Shifting Shade, Ghastly Conjurer, and Cutpurse should no longer have a long pause.
- Mana-cost reductions on cards such as Dragon’s Breath, Solemn Vigil, Everyfin is Awesome, and Obsidian Shard will now apply after all other mana cost changes, such as the effects from cards like Naga Sea Witch.
- Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena.
- The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards.
- As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards.
- Stay up to date on Arena rules on the official forums.
For a comprehensive list of bug fixes and other notes in this update, please visit PlayHearthstone.com
* NOTE: If you have an Arena run in progress when Hallow’s End begins on October 24, then it will be retired and you’ll receive the normal rewards for the number of wins you achieved and a free Arena ticket. In the hours just before the beginning and conclusion of Hallow’s End on October 24 and November 6, it will temporarily be impossible to purchase a new Arena ticket.