Overwatch Patch Notes - April 27, 2017
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
- Added a slider for aim smoothing. This can be found under the “Controls” tab in the “Options menu. Click “Advanced” under the “Controller” heading
Developer Comments: By default, aim smoothing/acceleration is set to the same value that players are used to (full smoothing, low acceleration), but as you drag the slider toward 0, you'll experience less smoothing (higher acceleration). Once the value hits 0, smoothing will be entirely disabled (instant acceleration).
- Players can now select a new Aim Technique: Linear Ramp. This can be found under the “Controls” tab in the “Options menu, along with the Dual-Zone and Exponential Ramp option. Click “Advanced” under the “Controller” heading
Developer Comments: This technique, along with disabled aim smoothing, will cause your crosshair to rotate proportionally with the angle that the stick is deflected. The effect is multiplied based on your sensitivity settings.
- On Assault and Assault/Escort Maps, teams now need to capture at least 33% of the objective before the tie-breaking system is activated
Developer Comments: When the new tie-breaking system was implemented on April 11, 2017, teams only needed to capture 1% to trigger the system. This occasionally resulted in confusing situations when games would end without a lot of information about how the point was captured, due to the brief capture time. To alleviate this problem, we’re requiring that teams progress past 33% before the tie-breaking system begins tracking progress. If neither team manages to cross 33%, the match will end in a draw. If you’d like to know more, click here.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the end-of-round screen
- Fixed a bug that prevented the payload from showing damage until after the escort phase in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get under the payload using certain heroes’ movement abilities in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- Fixed a bug that caused the payload’s health bar to interfere with the scoreboard, forcing players to hold down the spacebar to view the scoreboard in the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- Fixed a bug that caused Genji’s “You’ve rescued me again, Dr. Ziegler” voice line to play after being resurrected in the Overwatch Uprising brawl, regardless of which hero performed the resurrection
- Fixed an issue causing the chat window to block the ‘refresh’ button when the Overwatch Uprising leaderboards were open
Custom Games and Game Browser
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ‘Start Game Mode’ button from appearing when creating a Capture the Flag or Elimination game
- Fixed a bug that gave Genji’s Dragonblade ability a slightly increased swing speed while at a higher latency. Dragonblade’s default swing speed has been slightly increased to compensate
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji’s Dragonblade ability from registering hits correctly
- Fixed a bug to prevent hit effects from being inflicted on D.Va’s human form while piloting the mech
- Fixed a bug causing glass that has been shattered by an explosion to be colored black